Stain guide - First aid for carpet stains
First of all, don't panic! If you react quickly, you can easily treat any stain.
Many stains can be removed with spray water, it's that simple! Do not use vinegar or soap. The soap residue is often not cleaned well enough and as a result the stain becomes a magnet for dirt.
If your stain is more stubborn, we recommend James's starter set, which can be found in our webshop.
1. Water-based stains, such as wine - coffee - soft drinks...
- Use the James interior cleaner that you spray on the terry cloth towel. Then gently rub the stain.
- Tip: Sometimes it is wise to push open the yarns of the carpet at the spot of the stain with your hands so that you also clean the stain in the depth of the fiber.
- Are you unsure which stain you have and which product to use? Then view James' stain guide here and enter the type of stain.
- James stain wonder is also an option, but it needs to work longer and we all know that we sometimes have little patience.
2. Oil-based stains, such as chocolate - butter - make-up...
- First scrape and remove everything from the carpet, after which you can use the James stain spray. Spray on the stain and rub with the cotton cloth until you no longer see it?
- Tip: Sometimes it is wise to push open the threads of the carpet at the spot of the stain with your hands so that you also clean the stain from the depth of the fiber.
- Are you unsure about which stain to use which product? Then view the stain guide here and enter the type of stain.
3. When you don't know what stain you are dealing with.
You sometimes only notice these types of stains later, and for this you can use the James Interior Cleaner (for water stains) and if the stain does not come out, use the James Stainspray (for oil stains).
4. Can you wash a carpet?
Here we always recommend going to a professional carpet cleaner who performs deep cleaning.